Mercy Housing is looking for people who want to create a more humane world where poverty is alleviated, communities are healthy, and all people can develop their full potential. We believe that affordable housing and supportive programs improve the economic status of residents, transform neighborhoods and stabilize lives.
We are looking for a Project Developer I who will perform tasks associated with the finance, development, and acquisition of land, buildings, construction and/or rehabilitation, and with on-going property and asset management of housing units for low-income residents. Execute job tasks (duties) with final review by project developer II or higher.
This is a brief description summarizing the abilities and skills needed for the position.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, planning or related field strongly preferred. Certification in Real Estate Development preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two (2) years in low income housing development work.
A Master's degree may be substituted for one year of experience.
1. Understand and produce financial feasibility analysis using a variety of funding sources.
2. Demonstrated strong collaborative and relationship building abilities with a wide variety of people, cross-functional teams, community-based organizations, banks, and lawyers with minimal supervision.
3. Perform under pressure with multiple interruptions, meet deadlines; work independently and prioritize effectively within tight time constraints.
4. Strong time management and organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
5. Superior written and verbal communication and relationship management skills.
6. Highly effective problem solving and flexibility while remaining focused on solutions.
7. Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
8. Treat a variety of people with respect and compassion.
9. Represent Mercy Housing in a professional manner at all times.
10. Understand and support the mission and values of Mercy Housing.