Under the direction of the Director of Housing and Development, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for all activities related to the development of at least three affordable multifamily housing developments.
The Senior Project Manager will manage at least three (3) projects through the development process. This will consist of processing land use approvals, garnering community support, preparing funding applications, assembling the development team, supervising the design of the project, closing all construction period financing, monitoring construction, coordinating with Asset Management regarding lease-up and occupancy, closing of permanent financing and transitioning the project to Asset Management. Generally, the Senior Project Manager’s projects will be the more complex and challenging projects within the development group’s pipeline.
• Provide direction and support to the other project managers, as requested.
• Provide training to Assistant Project Management staff, as needed, to accomplish project related tasks.
To perform effectively in this position, the Senior Project Manager must have:
• At least four (4) years of project management experience in the development and/or financing of multi-family housing.
• Knowledge of financing sourc.es available for affordable housing.
• Have experience in all phases of project management (entitlements, design, funding, construction, and closeout/transfer
to Asset Management)
• Ability to prepare and analyze proforma financials for low income multifamily housing developments.
• Experience preparing loan, grant and Low Income Housing Tax Credit applications.
• Ability to coordinate financing closings with various lenders, investors and agencies.
• Ability to work effectively with peers and public and private lenders.
• Ability to effectively select and manage project consultants during pre-construction and construction phases.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills along with problem solving abilities.
• A valid California Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation.
Fill in the fields and attach your cv and cover letter. Dont forget to mention why you are a good fit for the position. We will notify the employer.