Mercy Housing is looking for people who want to create a more humane world where poverty is alleviated, communities are healthy, and all people can develop their full potential. We believe that affordable housing and supportive programs improve the economic status of residents, transform neighborhoods and stabilize lives.
We are looking for a Project Developer I to perform tasks associated with the finance, development, and acquisition of land, buildings, construction and/or rehabilitation, and with on-going property and asset management of housing units for low-income residents. Execute job tasks (duties) with final review by project developer II or higher.
*Will accept qualified applications for Developer II if experience level supports a minimum of 5 yers experience including project lead with at least two construction closings.*
This is a brief description summarizing the abilities and skills needed for the position.
Education: Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, planning or related field strongly preferred. Certification in Real Estate Development preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years in low income housing development work. A Master's degree may be substituted for one year of experience.
1. Understand and produce financial feasibility analysis using a variety of funding sources.
2. Demonstrated strong collaborative and relationship building abilities with a wide variety of people, cross-functional teams, community-based organizations, banks, and lawyers with minimal supervision.
3. Perform under pressure with multiple interruptions, meet deadlines; work independently and prioritize effectively within tight time constraints.
4. Strong time management and organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
5. Superior written and verbal communication and relationship management skills.
6. Highly effective problem solving and flexibility while remaining focused on solutions.
7. Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
8. Treat a variety of people with respect and compassion.
9. Represent Mercy Housing in a professional manner at all times.
10. Understand and support the mission and values of Mercy Housing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Review sites or projects for potential development of new construction, complexes for potential acquisition, or potential re-syndication opportunities.
2. Prepare feasibility or project analysis responding to project criteria. Includes identification of needs, project risks, property rehabilitation needs, population served, financial feasibility, and community plan as needed. May work with Mercy Services Resident Services Staff to identify program possibilities and limitations, and to identify area resources. May need to work with property management and relocation teams to determine tenant income eligibility and project relocation budget.
3. Under the direction of management, prepare and/or oversee all applications for funding, development, refinance, and/or syndication. May coordinate with philanthropy teams to identify and secure potential grant funds in support of real estate development activities and goals.
4. Under the direction of management, perform all tasks necessary to obtain all project approvals. This includes submission of land use, and permit application, attendance at hearings, neighborhood meetings, funding meetings, and fostering a team approach to obtaining neighborhood acceptance, where required.
5. Provide on-going coordination between architects, contractors, and other members of the project development team (asset management, property management and compliance, resident services, and accounting).
6. Work with other organizations within the housing development, civic, and religious communities to create opportunities and support for low-income housing development.
7. Deal with privileged legal and financial matters of the organization.
8. Under the direction of management, represent the organization in negotiations for purchase of property, terms of financing and all other binding agreements.
9. Meet with supervisor and provide written and oral progress reports.
10. Perform and/or delegate administrative tasks associated with development, including updating management on development progress as required. Identify and advise management regarding development and construction/rehabilitation potential risk, schedule, and resulting financing issues, which may arise.
Fill in the fields and attach your cv and cover letter. Dont forget to mention why you are a good fit for the position. We will notify the employer.