The Staff Accountant, Affordable Housing, is responsible for handling all financial transactions for PATH Ventures (PV), a nonprofit developer of permanent supportive housing (75%). This includes determining transaction coding and entering all transactions for PV and several related LPs, managing accounts receivable and payable, closing the books, supporting audits, and preparing all necessary reports for management. The remaining 25% of the time will be supporting the accounting needs of sister company PATH, a provider of shelter and supportive services for the homeless.
The Staff Accountant must be comfortable with multitasking and meeting deadlines, all in a very fast paced environment. This is a demanding job requiring a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, as well as creative and strategic thinking and people skills.
PATH is a $50M+ non-profit provider of shelter and supportive services for the homeless with locations throughout Southern California, Santa Barbara, and San Jose, primarily serving veterans, families, and the chronically homeless. Funding comes from government agencies, foundations, and individuals, and we currently have over 100 grants from over 30 funders. PATH Ventures (PV) is a non-profit developer of permanent supportive housing with projects located throughout Southern California. PV possesses an ownership interest via limited partnerships in over a dozen residential communities plus several projects in active predevelopment.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
PATH Ventures and Related LPs (75%):
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
Do you require an accommodation in order to perform the essential function of the job as described above? Please write, YES or No in the field below.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.